Crock Pot Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 1/8-1/4 cup water
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add almonds to egg mixture and stir to coat.
- Add coated almonds to sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add almonds.
- Cook on low (lid on) for 3 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes (Important!)
- At start of last hour, add 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup of water to almonds and stir thoroughly. You want the sugars to look slightly syrupy.
- Spread onto wax paper or parchment, breaking up any large clumps, and allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe by KrystaSteen.com at http://www.krystasteen.com/2013/04/30/recipe-crock-pot-cinnamon-sugar-almonds/