Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
|February 19, 2015||Filled under Recipe|
You must try this!
My whole family gobbled it up!
We love a good chicken parmesan in this house, and this one really knocked our socks off. This quinoa gave a nice crunchy coating, and the flavor was great!
It was a cinch to make too! Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (butterflied)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Add Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then the egg mixture, and finally the quinoa.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Top with marinara, mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for about 5 minutes more, until melted.
Adapted from Damn Delicious