Back to School Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas
|September 1, 2013||Filled under health, recipe|
It’s that time of year again! Kids are back to school, and if your house is anything like mine, it is all too easy for kids to grab an unhealthy breakfast on their way out the door or worse yet, skip breakfast altogether.
Here are some quick, easy and healthy breakfast ideas! Some can be made ahead of time, which is such a time saver in the morning.
- Homemade Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches (recipe below!)
- Greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit
- Protein Smoothie (Like this Berry Power Smoothie. I HIGHLY recommend Shaklee’s protein – it is the BEST. You can buy it HERE. It’s the only brand of protein powder I actually like, and I’ve tried lots!)
- Baked Oatmeal (This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal sounds delicious!)
- Honey Almond Blueberry Oat Protein Muffins
- Breakfast Banana Pops
- Apple Sandwich (think slices of apple with peanut butter, granola and maybe some mini chocolate chips in the middle)
- Brainy Breakfast
Don’t forget vitamins for the kiddos! Helps their brain power and keeps them healthy!
Homemade Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
Easy to make ahead and freeze!
What you need:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil large muffin pan (I use coconut oil). Break 1 egg into each compartment, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast the english muffins if you’d like. You could leave them untoasted, but we like them better toasted, personally.
Once eggs are done, assemble the sandwiches with an egg and some cheese. You can add bacon, ham or sausage if you’d like at this point.
Place the completed muffins is a freezer bag. You could wrap them in aluminum foil first, but I know ours won’t be in the freezer very long!
In the morning, just heat in the microwave or toaster oven until warm and cheese is melted.
What is your favorite go-to quick and easy breakfast?