Recipe: Cowboy Caviar
|July 22, 2013||Filled under Recipe|
Be sure to follow me on Facebook for other great tips, recipes and more!
This is by FAR my most favorite chip dip! I got the recipe from my aunt, and I am not sure where she got it from. It is totally worth the prep time!
Make it the night before or at least several hours in advance of when you need it so the flavors have time to combine!
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 small cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black-eyed peas (I use Great Northern beans as a substitute sometimes)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 each green, red and yellow pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- cliantro, chopped, to taste
- Bring 1st four ingredients to a boil and let cool. This will be your dressing.
- Drain and rinse all of the canned ingredients and put in large bowl.
- Add fresh ingredients.
- Pour cooled dressing over vegetables and stir. You may not need all of the dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours for flavors to combine.