Recipe: Muffin Tin Lasagnas
|June 18, 2013||Filled under Recipe|
Every once in awhile, lasagna is just what I crave! I might like to eat it, but not make it. It’s so time consuming! I don’t know about you, but I could NEVER separate cooked lasagna noodles without them sticking and tearing.
These mini lasagnas are made in a muffin tin and use wonton wrappers instead of lasagna noodles, so they don’t leave you in a lasagna coma after you eat! :)
Plus, they are really versatile. You can easily leave out the meat for a great meatless meal…or add some spinach…or even add corn and black beans for a more southwestern lasagna!
One last note: the amounts are very flexible…so if you prefer less or more cheese, go for it! I eyeballed most of the amounts!
Hope you enjoy!
- 24 small wonton wrappers
- ½ pound ground beef, ground turkey or Italian sausage
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 6-8 ounces Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 6-8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup (roughly) ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking oil/spray.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add sauce and combine well.
- Reserve about ¾ cup of both the Parmesan and the mozzarella cheese.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each muffin tin. Next, add a little Parmesan, then ricotta and finally mozzarella into each. Top with a heaping spoonful of meat sauce.
- Repeat layers again (wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella and sauce) and top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges turn slightly brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Loosen each lasagna with a knife and carefully lift out.