Recipe: Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
|June 11, 2013||Filled under Recipe|
Hi everyone! Here’s a simple recipe your whole family will love!
I served this with roasted brussels sprouts (recipe to come soon!).
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. If you are finding this recipe from Pinterest, I first labeled this post “Sour Cream Stuffed Chicken” instead of “Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken”. Whoops!! Thanks to my wonderful readers who caught my error!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chives (I use dried)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup corn flakes, crushed
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken in large plastic bag or between wax paper and use rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten to about ¼ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chives, garlic salt, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Spoon about 1-2 heaping spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture onto center of each piece of chicken and roll up.
- Coat chicken roll in flour, then egg, then roll in corn flakes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Brown chicken rolls on all sides.
- Place rolls in baking dish and back for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.