Recipe: Crock Pot Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
|April 30, 2013||Filled under recipe|
Seriously. I made these for my sister’s wedding shower and was really glad there were extra so that I could keep munching on them!
Printable recipe is below, but here is how to make them!
By the way, I doubled this and it worked out just fine!
Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
In another large bowl, combine 1 egg white, 2 tsp. vanilla and whisk.
Add almonds to egg mixture and stir gently to coat.
Add coated almonds to sugar mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
Spray crock pot with cooking spray and add coated almonds. Cook on LOW for about 3 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. This is very important!
At the start of the last hour, add 1/8 cup-1/4 cup of water (Start with 1/8 cup and slowly add more if needed) and stir well.
Spread almonds onto wax paper or parchment, breaking up any large clumps.
Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container.
One last thing, be sure to like me on Facebook for other recipes and more! Better yet, sign up for my weekly newsletter below for blog-only content and specials!
Recipe originally found at Detrimental Beauty.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups raw almonds
- ⅛-1/4 cup water
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add almonds to egg mixture and stir to coat.
- Add coated almonds to sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add almonds.
- Cook on low (lid on) for 3½ hours, stirring every 20 minutes (Important!)
- At start of last hour, add ⅛ cup to ¼ cup of water to almonds and stir thoroughly. You want the sugars to look slightly syrupy.
- Spread onto wax paper or parchment, breaking up any large clumps, and allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container.