Lemon Sugar Scrub
|April 28, 2013||Filled under DIY, Recipe|
I think I can officially declare that Spring has sprung in Minnesota! Took a lot longer to get here this year! :)
That means capris and shorts are also just around the corner!
Time to get rid of those dry “winter legs”!
This is an AMAZING exfoliating scrub that is a cinch to make and works like a charm!
Here is what you need:
Coconut Oil (I think this works the best, but you could use olive oil instead)
Measure out 2 1/2 cups of sugar into a large bowl. Melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil in another bowl (takes about 45 seconds), and combine with the sugar.
Zest an entire lemon. Then cut the lemon in half and add the juice to the sugar mixture.
That’s it! Just use about 1 Tablespoon in the shower, rinsing thoroughly.
Printable recipe below!
- 2½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- Measure sugar into a large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in separate bowl and combine with sugar.
- Zest 1 lemon, then cut lemon in half and juice both halves.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Use 1 Tablespoon or so in the shower to gently exfoliate and moisturize.