Recipe: Avocado Chicken Parmesan
|April 22, 2013||Filled under Recipe|
It’s Earth Day today! Are you making any changes in your home or life starting today? If so, share in the comments!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook to stay “in the know”! :)
Let’s get to this amazing recipe, shall we?
This was so good! The whole family enjoyed it, it was easy to put together and BEYOND delicious!!
- 3 Chicken Breasts, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breast in clear plastic bag (or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap) and pound until ¼ inch thick.
- Lightly whisk milk and eggs together in shallow bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plates.
- Coat chicken in flour (shake off excess), dip in egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Line baking sheet with foil, lightly sprayed with oil. Place breaded chicken on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray or brush prepared chicken with oil and bake for 8 minutes. Turn chicken halfway through for even browning.
- Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce. Lay avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cooked pasta or salad, if desired.