Recipe: Easy Ziti with Veggies
|March 30, 2013||Filled under Health, Recipe|
If you are new here, welcome! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and subscribe to KrystaSteen.com to stay in the loop!
Here is a great dinner to put together when you are looking for something satisfying that the whole family will love! The best part is, you only need about 30 minutes from start to finish!
There is a printable recipe below, but the steps couldn’t be easier!
First, saute squash, zucchini, and onions in a little bit of olive oil for about 5-6 minutes.
Then, add chopped tomato and garlic and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, about 9 minutes.
Drain pasta and combine with sauteed veggies. Stir in mozzarella, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Combine some eggs (lightly beaten) and ricotta in a separate bowl, and add to pasta mixture. Pour into baking dish coated with cooking spray and sprinkle with more mozzarella.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 until cheese is bubbly. Viola!
Super easy and the whole crowd (aka my husband and kids) loved it!
Print the recipe below and enjoy! :)
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti
- 3 cups chopped yellow squash
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more, if desired)
- 7 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan. Add squash, zucchini, and onion. Saute 5-6 minutes. Add tomato and garlic, saute an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, about 9 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Combine cooked pasta, vegetables, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, oregano, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Combine eggs and ricotta. Stir into pasta mixture. Pour into 9 X 13 baking pan, coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees fo 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.