Cleaning tips to make your life easier
|February 20, 2013||Filled under Basic H2, cleaning, get clean, health, motivation, shaklee|
There aren’t many people I know who love to clean. Yippee!! I can’t wait to clean!!! Umm….no. But, since it’s a necessary evil, I’m all for tips that will makes things easier, quicker and/or cheaper!
Here are some of the tips I use in my house to make my life a little easier!
1) Use an old pillowcase to dust fan blades. Just slide the pillowcase over the blade and pull towards the end of the blade. The dust falls into the pillowcase. Then throw in the wash – super easy!
2) Put some extra trash bags at the bottom of you trash can. That way when you empty the trash, you have new bags right at your finger tips!
3) Have a Swiffer-type mop ready at times to quickly mop up spills, muddy dog prints, etc. So much easier than getting out the bucket and mop and less wasteful than using a paper towel. I use a Rubbermaid Reveal and keep it loaded with my favorite non-toxic concentrated cleaner.
4) Put any leftover lemons/oranges used in cooking down the kitchen disposal to quickly clean and deodorize. Smells so good!
5) Keep a dish sponge in the shower to do touch-ups WHILE you shower! Can you say 2 birds, one stone? :) (*PLEASE don’t use anything toxic! I fill mine with Basic H.) While you let the conditioner sit in your hair, you can give a quick scrub to the walls and floor!
6) Use microfiber for window and mirrors. Totally helps with streaks and far less wasteful than paper towels! I love this one.
7) Finally, cut down on the numbers of cleaners you use! If you have to lug 5 different cleaners to all the different rooms or make several trips, that doesn’t save you any time. I use one, concentrated cleaner for windows, all-purpose and de-greasing and it’s used for 95% of the cleaning jobs in my house.
I hope this helps you! Share your time saving tips below!
Find me on Facebook to get the latest and greatest!