|August 7, 2012||Filled under Recipe|
I have another great summer recipe for you today! This was so yummy and fresh tasting – my whole family loved it.
We have this wonderful basil plant that my MIL gave to us, so something Italian was on the menu!
These were the main ingredients – YUM!
- 1 pound penne
- 1½ cups pasta sauce
- ⅓ cup heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz. cut into cubes, the rest into slices for top)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat pasta sauce in large saucepan over low heat. When warm, stir in heavy cream and Parmesan.
- Once pasta is done, drain and combine with sauce, mixing to coat (turn off heat).
- Fold in mozzarella cubes and tomatoes, then gently stir in 3-4 chopped basil leaves.
- Spread mixture into a baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with fresh mozzarella slices. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Top with additional fresh basil and Parmesan if desired.
What is your favorite Italian dish?
Be sure to follow me on Facebook today!
Linking up to: Not Just a Housewife, The Winthrop Chronicles, Romance on a Dime, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Trendy Treehouse, Fireflies & Jellybeans, My Girlish Whims, Ginger Snap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, House of Hepworths, The 36th Avenue, Beyond the Picket Fence, Stuff & Nonsense, Little Becky Homecky, Serenity Now, WhipperBerry, Shabby Nest, TidyMom, Chic on a Shoestring, 30 Days